Kindergarten & New Student Registration Checklist:
**Please note that steps should be completed in order and that all 5 steps are required for student registration to be complete.**
Step 1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Gather all required documents listed below. You will be required to upload these files while filling out the application. If you do not have a scanner at home, you can use the app Microsoft OfficeLens (available for Android and iPhone) to take a picture and upload. Click here to access the app.
Step 2. REGISTRATION
Register with the link below. You will be entering information about your student(s) including contact info, family information and emergency contacts. Click here to Register Online.
Step 3. CHECK SCHOOL ZONE
Check your School Zones using the Map of School Attendance Zone here.
Step 4. APPOINTMENT
Use this online link to schedule a required online appointment with your child’s school.
Note: If you have submitted a transfer application, you will still schedule your online meeting with your zoned school. If a transfer is approved, we will move registration information to the new school.
Step 5. ONLINE MEETING
You will receive an email with information regarding the online appointment you have scheduled. This online meeting will be with an employee from your child’s school to review the application. Please have your Photo ID with you during this online call.
If you have any questions while filling out the application, please email email@example.com
The parent/guardian must complete the Student Registration Form and upload the 6 documents to the Online Registration Application
1. Age Verification – Birth certificate (or other supporting document outlined in “HCSD Enrollment Requirements”
In order to be enrolled, children entering kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1.
2. Two (2) Proofs of Residency: Two proofs of residency documents from Option 1 or Option 2 below:
- Option 1: If you currently own or rent your residence, please provide the following two documents that reflect your current address (primary residence):
I. A current utility bill (within 30 days). This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; AND
II. A deed; property tax statement; mortgage statement; non-contingent sales contract; or current lease/rental agreement signed by both the owner and lessee of the residence
- Option 2: If you are unable to provide proof of residency in your name, please provide the following two documents:
I. Hall County School District Residency Affidavit, AND
II. One of the following:
a. A current utility bill (within 30 days) reflecting your current address in your name: This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
b. Your current income tax return; paycheck stub; homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy; Medicaid card; or other official correspondence from a government agency; OR
c. A current utility bill (within 30 days) in the property owner’s name. This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
d. A current mortgage statement, deed, or property tax statement in the property owner’s name; or a lease/rental agreement signed by the owner and the lessee of the residence
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID: The parent or guardian must be present in order to enroll student(s) and must present photo identification and verify guardianship.
4. Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231, Rev. 7-2014.): Parents must present the Georgia Immunization Certificate at pre-registration. A current Georgia Immunization Certificate Form 3231 (marked complete for school or incomplete with an expiration date of no more than 30 days) is required before attending the first day of school.
5. Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300, Rev. 2013): is required upon entering school in August.
Services for Form 3231 and for Form 3300 are available from the Hall County Health Department – 1290 Athens St. (770) 531-5600.
6. Social Security Card: The Georgia Social Security Card is requested for all students. Parents may elect to sign a waiver if they prefer not to give the social security number.