New Student Registration Checklist:
Step 1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Gather all required documents listed below. You will be required to upload these files while filling out the application. If you do not have a scanner at home, you can use the app Microsoft OfficeLens (available for Android and iPhone) to take a picture and upload. Click here to access the app.
Step 2. REGISTRATION
Register with the link below. You will be entering information about your student(s) including contact info, family information and emergency contacts. Click here to Register Online.
Step 3. CHECK SCHOOL ZONE
Check your School Zones using the Map of School Attendance Zone here.
Note: You must enroll your child in the school where he/she is zoned. If you are applying for a transfer, then it must first be approved. Transfer information is available on the Transfer Information Page Here. If you have questions regarding the enrollment process or questions regarding proofs of residency, please contact the school of which you are zoned to attend.
Step 4. APPOINTMENT
Use this online link to schedule a required online appointment with your child’s zoned school. If no dates are available or if you would prefer an in person appointment, please email your school’s registrar here or call your child’s zoned school.
Note: If you have submitted a transfer application, you will still schedule your online meeting with your zoned school. If a transfer is approved, we will move registration information to the new school.
Step 5. MEET WITH SCHOOL
You will receive an email with information regarding the online appointment you have scheduled. This online meeting will be with an employee from your child’s school to review the application. Please have your Photo ID with you during this online call.
If you have any questions while filling out the application, please email your school’s registrar here.
The parent/guardian must complete the Student Registration Form and upload the 6 documents to the Online Registration Application
1. Age Verification – Birth certificate (or other supporting document outlined in “HCSD Enrollment Requirements”
In order to be enrolled, children entering kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1.
2. Two (2) Proofs of Residency: Two proofs of residency documents from Option 1 or Option 2 below:
- Option 1: If you currently own or rent your residence, please provide the following two documents that reflect your current address (primary residence):
I. A current utility bill (within 30 days). This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; AND
II. A deed; property tax statement; mortgage statement; non-contingent sales contract; or current lease/rental agreement signed by both the owner and lessee of the residence
- Option 2: If you are unable to provide proof of residency in your name, please provide the following two documents:
I. Hall County School District Residency Affidavit in English or Spanish, AND
II. One of the following:
a. A current utility bill (within 30 days) reflecting your current address in your name: This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
b. Your current income tax return; paycheck stub; homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy; Medicaid card; or other official correspondence from a government agency; OR
c. A current utility bill (within 30 days) in the property owner’s name. This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
d. A current mortgage statement, deed, or property tax statement in the property owner’s name; or a lease/rental agreement signed by the owner and the lessee of the residence
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID: The parent or guardian must be present in order to enroll student(s) and must present photo identification and verify guardianship.
4. Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231, Rev. 7-2014.): Parents must present the Georgia Immunization Certificate at pre-registration. A current Georgia Immunization Certificate Form 3231 (marked complete for school or incomplete with an expiration date of no more than 30 days) is required before attending the first day of school. For more details about immunization compliance, please see this link.
5. Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300, Rev. 2013): is required upon entering school.
Services for Form 3231 and for Form 3300 are available from the Hall County Health Department – 1290 Athens St. (770) 531-5600.