Out-of-District Choice Application
The Out-of-District Transfer Application is closed.
We are no longer accepting new out-of-district applications for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Please check back beginning in January, 2019 for the out-of-district application timeline for August, 2019.
Currently enrolled students who move to a new residency address that is outside of the Hall County School District and who wish to remain in their current school may apply to be accepted into the Out-of-District program. The Hall County Schools Student Registration page has more information for students whose address is changed. Please complete the HCSD Change of Address Form within 5 days of moving to a new address and follow the Out-of-District application procedure below:
- Take the completed address change form and two valid proofs of residency to your current school within 5 days of move
- Complete Out-of-District (Tuition) Application (below) and submit to Joy Morris and Laurie Ecke at HCSD district office within 5 days of move
- If Out-of-District Application is approved, parent/guardian must pay tuition and student will remain enrolled at current school
We will update this webpage in January, 2019 for the timeline to accept Out-of-District Applications from new students who live outside of the Hall County School District and wish to apply for the 2019-20 school year. The Out-of-District Application process for the 2018-2019 school year is closed for students who are new to Hall County Schools.
- For an application to be considered, student application and transcript should show, at a minimum, satisfactory behavior and attendance, as well as average or above-average achievement with no history of failing courses.
- If a student is accepted into the Hall County School District, then he/she will be offered a seat at the requested school if there is available space. Accepted out-of-district students pay tuition and, if applicable, AP/IB exam fees.
Out-of-district students will only be placed at schools after in-district requests are processed.