About Health Services
Welcome to Hall County Health Services
“School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students.
To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.”- The National Association of School Nurses
The Hall County School Nurses work to strengthen and facilitate the educational process through improvement and protection of the health status of all students. The school nurses work as a team with school administrators, teachers, counselors, school social workers, families and the community to identify and assist each student to reach their education potential.
The School Nurse Provides:
- Health education for staff, students and parents.
- Evaluate minor episodic complaints and provide emergent care.
- Administration of prescription medications.
- Act as a liaison between home, school, health care provider and community resources.
- Assist with health screenings for vision, hearing, dental and scoliosis.
- Collaborate on referrals for other services.
- Home visits for assessment and education.
- Serve on community health advisory groups
Healthy children make better learners. The school nurse program facilitates the learning process by addressing the health and safety needs of students and staff. The program is staffed by a coordinator, two cluster nurses and a licensed nurse in each school.