Public School Choice Information – House Bill 251

The HB 251 In-District Transfer Application is closed.

We are no longer accepting new HB 251 in-district transfer requests from students for the 2019-2020 school year. Please check back beginning in January, 2020 for the HB 251 in-district transfer application timeline for August, 2020.

A currently enrolled student who moves to a new residency address that is within the Hall County School District and who wishes to remain enrolled in his/her current school may apply through the HB 251-FORM B In-District Transfer Application. Please know that if you choose to transfer your child to another school in the district, the law requires parents/guardians to assume all costs and responsibilities related to the transportation of a child to and from the school as long as the child remains at that school.

The Hall County Schools Student Registration page has more information for students whose address is changed. Please complete the HCSD Change of Address Form within 5 days of moving to a new address and follow the HB 251 In-District Transfer application procedure below:

  • Take the completed address change form and two valid proofs of residency to your current school
  • Complete the HB 251-FORM B In-District Transfer Application and submit to Kevin Bales/Joy Morris at HCSD district office
  • If In-District transfer is approved, student will remain enrolled at current school


PDF Icon HB 251 – FORM B Transfer Request Form 2019-20

PDF Icon HB 251 – FORM B Transfer Request Form 2019-20 Spanish