Out-of-District Choice Application
Out-of-District (Tuition) Application Timeline for 2019-2020 School Year
March 1 – March 29, 2019
The Out-of-District (Tuition) application period for the 2019-2020 school year will open on March 1, 2019. For an application to be considered, student application and transcript should show, at a minimum, satisfactory behavior and attendance, as well as average or above-average achievement with no history of failing courses.
If a student is accepted into the Hall County School District, then he/she will be offered a seat at the requested school if there is available space at the requested school. Accepted out-of-district students pay tuition and, if applicable, AP/IB exam fees.
If you are interested in applying, the application will be available on this webpage by March 1, 2019. Out-of-district students will only be placed at schools after in-district requests are processed.
|March 1 – March 29, 2019||Out-of-District Applications accepted|
|April 10, April 16, or April 19, 2019||Out-of-District Kindergarten Screenings (Required) will be held at Riverbend Elementary School on these dates. Please drop by the school for a screening at 1742 Cleveland Hwy,
Gainesville, GA 30501 or call 770-534-4141 to set up an appointment.
|By April 26, 2019||Parents notified of Out-of-District application decision|
|By June 3, 2019||Out-of-District Contract and Tuition due|
Please submit the following in one packet to:
Laurie Ecke or Joy Morris
Hall County Schools
711 Green Street
Gainesville, GA, 30501
- Completed Out-of-District Application
- Official transcript (report card and standardized test scores) from current school
- Official and complete discipline records from student’s current and former school(s); if the student has no history of discipline, then please submit a letter from the school stating that the student is in good standing.
- Official attendance records from student’s current/former school(s)
- If a student is entering kindergarten:
- Include a letter of recommendation from a current preschool teacher
- Attach all other preschool records
- Attend an Out-of-District Kindergarten Screening (Required) on one of the following dates: April 10, April 16, and April 19. Please drop by the school for a screening at 1742 Cleveland Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30501 or call 770-534-4141 to set up an appointment.
We are no longer accepting new out-of-district applications for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
Currently enrolled students who move to a new residency address that is outside of the Hall County School District and who wish to remain in their current school may apply to be accepted into the Out-of-District program. The Hall County Schools Student Registration page has more information for students whose address is changed. Please complete the HCSD Change of Address Form within 5 days of moving to a new address and follow the Out-of-District application procedure below:
- Take the completed address change form and two valid proofs of residency to your current school within 5 days of move
- Complete Out-of-District (Tuition) Application (below) and submit to Joy Morris and Laurie Ecke at HCSD district office within 5 days of move
- If Out-of-District Application is approved, parent/guardian must pay tuition and student will remain enrolled at current school