The International Center is open for international student registration two weeks prior to school starting date. Once school begins, all students register directly at their respective schools.
The International Center will continue to provide bilingual assistance for international families and the schools concerning registration policies and requirements for international students throughout the year. All student English language proficiency screeners will take place at the local schools.
Required documents for enrollment:
1. Proof of address
- Copy of mortgage statement, or
- Copy of current lease agreement signed by landlord, or
- Copy of current utility bill/service connection with guardian’s name and service address.
- If none of the above documents are in one of the parents’ name, a notarized Verification of residence document is required for proof of residence.
2. Parent/guardian proof of identification: Photo I.D, passport, work badge, etc.
3. Transcript or last report card from previous school with current grades and promotion information (Grades 9th -12th must have previous records prior to scheduling classes).
4. Student’s Birth Certificate or hospital issued birth record, or religious birth record.
5. State required Georgia Immunization Form 3231 and Certificate of Eye, Ear, and Dental Screenings in the State of Georgia Form 3300 (Can be obtained through local Health Department or a Georgia physician).
6. Social Security Card or a signed waiver form (available upon request).
Dr. Anna Sargent, Director of Federal Programs
(770) 532-4416 ext. 304
Academies of Discovery at South Hall
3215 Poplar Springs Rd. Suite A
Gainesville, GA 30507
Hours of operation are
8:00 to 4:00, Monday – Friday