Hall County School District Superintendent, Will Schofield, announced this morning that documents related to the FY22 budget will made available to the public by the end of the workday on the district’s website. Those documents include an FY22 Budget Summary, FY22 Budget Details, and the CARES III Budget.
Public information sessions will be held in conjunction with the district’s scheduled board meetings on June 14, 2021 and June 28, 2021 at 5:00PM at the district office. The final budget and millage rate will be adopted on June 28, 2021 at the district’s regular board meeting.
Highlights of the budget include:
- An increase by $21M due to temporary federal CARES funding.
- The General Fund Millage Rate will be decreased by approximately 1.2 mills.
- As was discussed with the 10 Year-Facility Plan and the bonds sold for that purpose, a .5 mil will be levied to pay for bond indebtedness.
- A net result of .7 lower total millage rate for the community and its stakeholders.
- A significant increase in trauma/mental health funding due to the post-pandemic status of many of our students.
- A significant increase in academic support to help mitigate learning loss of students due to the pandemic.
- An increase in pay rates for all HCSD team members as they return from the pandemic (amount to be determined prior to the June 28 adoption).
To view a video from the superintendent discussing the FY22 budget, please go to the following link: www.hallco.org/web/budget/