The World Language Academy (WLA) Odyssey of the Mind Team has won a World Championship in the 2019 Odyssey of the Mind (OM) World Finals. 890 teams from around the globe competed in the annual international event that was staged from May 22 through May 25 on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan.
In addition to the Gold Medal performance by the WLA team in the Middle School Division, Flowery Branch High School won Silver in the High School Division. In total, five (5) Odyssey of the Mind Teams from the Hall County School District (HCSD) placed in this outstanding international competition. This year’s competition featured 5 Problems with 4 Divisions for each problem according to age of the competitors (Elementary School, Middle School, High School, and College).
HCSD World Finalists Results:
- Problem 2, Hide In Plain Site, Middle School Division. World Language Academy World Champions (Gold Medalists):
- Problem 5, Opposites Distract, High School Division. Flowery Branch High School 2nd Place (Silver Medal)
- Problem 2, Hide in Plain Site, High School Division. Cherokee Bluff High School 9th Place
- Problem 1, OMER to the Rescue, Middle School Division. Academies of Discovery 11th Place
- Problem 4, Structure Toss, Elementary School Division. Martin Technology Academy 33rd Place