Currently Enrolled Students – Transfer To Another Hall County School Checklist:
**Please note that steps should be completed in order and that all 6 steps are required for transfers/withdrawals to be complete.**
Step 1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
You will be required to upload new Proof of Residency documents and your photo ID while updating your Census information. If you do not have a scanner at home, you can use the app Microsoft OfficeLens (available for Android and iPhone) to take a picture and upload.
- Click here to access the app.
- Scroll down to see accepted Proof of Residency documents.
Step 2. REGISTRATION
You will need to access your Parent Portal during your call. If you do not have a Parent Portal be sure to set one up prior to the call.
- Click here for instructions on how to create a Parent Portal.
- Click here to set up a new Parent Portal account.
- Click here to go to the Parent Portal page to sign in
If you have problems logging into your Parent Portal account, contact your child’s existing school.
Step 3. LOGIN TO PARENT PORTAL
You will be updating your Census information and uploading your documents to the Parent Portal.
- Login to your Parent Portal
- Click on ‘More’ on the left hand side
- Click on ‘Student and Household Information’
- Click on ‘Click here to go to Existing Student Registration’
- Click on ‘Begin Registration’
- Make any necessary changes and upload documents to your child’s application and click submit
Step 5. ONLINE MEETING
You will receive an email with information regarding the online appointment you have scheduled. This online meeting will be with an employee from your child’s current school to review the application. Please have your Photo ID with you during this online call.
Step 6. CONTACT NEW SCHOOL
Contact your child’s new school to confirm enrollment.
If you have any questions while filling out the application, please email your school’s registrar here.
The parent/guardian must complete the Student Registration Form and upload the 6 documents to the Online Registration Application
1. Age Verification – Birth certificate (or other supporting document outlined in “HCSD Enrollment Requirements”
In order to be enrolled, children entering kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1.
2. Two (2) Proofs of Residency: Two proofs of residency documents from Option 1 or Option 2 below:
- Option 1: If you currently own or rent your residence, please provide the following two documents that reflect your current address (primary residence):
I. A current utility bill (within 30 days). This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; AND
II. A deed; property tax statement; mortgage statement; non-contingent sales contract; or current lease/rental agreement signed by both the owner and lessee of the residence
- Option 2: If you are unable to provide proof of residency in your name, please provide the following two documents:
I. Hall County School District Residency Affidavit, AND
II. One of the following:
a. A current utility bill (within 30 days) reflecting your current address in your name: This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
b. Your current income tax return; paycheck stub; homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy; Medicaid card; or other official correspondence from a government agency; OR
c. A current utility bill (within 30 days) in the property owner’s name. This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
d. A current mortgage statement, deed, or property tax statement in the property owner’s name; or a lease/rental agreement signed by the owner and the lessee of the residence
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID: The parent or guardian must be present in order to enroll student(s) and must present photo identification and verify guardianship.
4. Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231, Rev. 7-2014.): Parents must present the Georgia Immunization Certificate at pre-registration. A current Georgia Immunization Certificate Form 3231 (marked complete for school or incomplete with an expiration date of no more than 30 days) is required before attending the first day of school.
5. Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300, Rev. 2013): is required upon entering school in August.
Services for Form 3231 and for Form 3300 are available from the Hall County Health Department – 1290 Athens St. (770) 531-5600.
6. Social Security Card: The Georgia Social Security Card is requested for all students. Parents may elect to sign a waiver if they prefer not to give the social security number.