Student Transfer Information
Parents who would like to enroll a child in a school outside their attendance zone for fall 2017 have several options:
If the family lives in the Hall County School District:
1) Register your child in your school attendance zone. Follow the registration procedures on our Student Registration webpage.
2) Parents may apply for any magnet school from Feb. 1 – April 21. Please contact the magnet school as applications are available at each school’s webpage. Go to “Charter/Magnet & Programs of Choice” at Hallco.org for a list of magnet schools
3) You may apply for an in-district transfer to any Hall County school with available space through the “HB 251 – Public School Choice” process from April 1 – May 19. Information is available under the “Apply For” tab at Hallco.org or at this direct link: Public School Choice Information – House Bill 251.
4) Students may also apply for programs of choice from October 30 – January 12, or if a program of choice has remaining available space after this period has passed. Please contact each program of choice or school as information is available at each school’s webpage. Go to “Charter/Magnet & Programs of Choice” at Hallco.org for a list of programs of choice.
If a family does not live in the Hall County School District:
1) Students may apply through our Out-of-District (Tuition) application process. Parents must pay tuition and acceptance is based on satisfactory attendance, behavior, and grades as well as a school’s available space.
2) The Out-of-District (Tuition) application period is April 26 – May 16 for fall 2018. Information is available under the “Apply For” tab at Hallco.org or at this direct link: Out of District Application.
3) Qualified Out-of-District applicants will be placed at schools with available space only after the in-district application processes have concluded.