Possible COVID Mitigation Measures for Athletic Events
HCSD Athletic Safety Protocols
The following mitigation measures MAY be utilized by the district to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These protocols are fluid and subject to change as our community’s COVID-19 situation changes. Please contact your local school for information regarding current mitigation measures at athletic events.
- Limited crowd size based on facility capacity (indoor and outdoor).
- Temperature checks for spectators.
- Social distancing.
- Masks/face coverings.
- Limitations on concession offerings.
Away Events: Please be aware that mitigation measures at sites outside the HCSD may differ. Please call your local school for information on the host school’s protocols.
- Mitigation measures for HCSD teams that travel may include:
- Limiting the number of athletes who travel.
- Masking and social distancing on the team bus.
- Limiting the number of stops during the trip.
- The HCSD reserves the right to cancel any away trip due to safety concerns.