July 20, 2020 – Back To School Guidelines
Please contact school staff for school-specific questions related to these guidelines.
• All individuals who ride busses will wear face coverings and sanitize hands as they enter the bus.
• Hand sanitizer will be available to all riders.
• Whenever possible, windows will be rolled down to increase ventilation.
• Buses will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly in between routes.
• All Hall County Employees, when working with team members or students, will be required to wear a mask and/or face covering.
• All students are required to have a face covering. When practical, and per CDC guidelines, students will be required to wear their face covering when not socially distanced from others.
Student and Staff Health
• All students and staff will be asked to self-screen prior to reporting to school facilities.
• Students and staff will undergo temperature checks prior to the beginning of the school day.
• Individuals who present with fever (as recommended by the CDC) and/or other symptoms of COVID-19, will be evaluated by the school nurse. Staff members will be asked to return home; students will be placed in a designated waiting room, under supervision, until a parent arrives to pick them up from school.
• All students and staff must stay home if they have COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. Positive cases should be reported to the school principal who will explain next steps. Those protocols are accessible on the Reconnect Hall Webpage.
• Students who are quarantined due to COVID-19 will have access to their classes through the district’s digital learning platform, CANVAS.
• The school district will conduct contact tracing to the best of its abilities. Individuals who are direct contacts/exposures to positive cases of COVID-19 while at school will receive notification.
• School and/or classroom closures due to COVID-19 will be based on guidance from the Health Department and the State Department of Education. Parents will be notified as soon as possible, through the system’s messaging service, with regard to closures.
• Signage will be utilized throughout the building—on floors, walls, in common areas, and digitally–to indicate hallway traffic flow, social distance practices, and good hygiene.
• Proper handwashing technique will be taught and demonstrated to all students. Regular handwashing will take place for elementary school students. Middle and high school students, as well as staff members, will be reminded to wash their hands throughout the day. Age appropriate videos will be utilized to promote hand washing and its importance.
• Hand sanitizer will be available in all buildings. All staff and students are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer when possible.
• Water fountains will be turned off, but water fill stations will be available. Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school.
• Social distancing practices will be followed to the greatest extent possible in the classroom and in other common areas.
• The sharing of items that are difficult to clean or disinfect will be discouraged.
• Students are encouraged to bring their own technology to school for learning purposes. If a student does not have access to a device, the school will provide one.
• Non-essential movement throughout the day will be limited.
• Media Centers will operate at half capacity and social distancing will be followed to the greatest extent possible.
• Cafeterias will operate at half capacity and social distancing will be followed to the greatest extent possible. Some students will eat in classrooms or outside. A scheduled rotation will be in place at each school.
• Elementary Schools will have recess; however, use of some playground equipment may be prohibited.
• Non-essential visitors and volunteers will be limited. All visitors will be screened and will undergo temperature checks.
• Field trips, assemblies, and other large gatherings are suspended until further notice.
• Guidance from the Georgia High School Association (GHSA) will be followed for school athletics/activities.
• Increased cleaning will take place before, during, and after the instructional day.
• Cleaning protocols will be in place for every classroom, including the wiping down of high touch surfaces.
• Essential equipment that is shared among students will be cleaned in between use (example weight room equipment).
• In the event of a positive case of COVID-19, a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the areas affected (bus, classrooms, restroom, hallway, etc.) will be conducted prior to the return of students and staff.
• HVAC systems will be monitored to ensure proper airflow and ventilation.
For more information about the return to school, please visit the Reconnect Hall webpage at https://www.hallco.org/web/reconnect-hall/