Hall County Schools Announces AP Scholars
The Hall County School District is proud to announce AP Scholar numbers for the 2020 school year. The AP (Advanced Placement) Program allows students to enroll in rigorous college level courses while in high school and earn college credit and placement.
Every fall, the AP Program recognizes students who have demonstrated outstanding college-level achievement through their performance on multiple AP Exams. AP Scholar Awards come in different levels and types.
The Hall County School District recorded the following number of AP Scholars in five categories:
• 131 AP Scholars: Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams.
• 37 AP Scholars with Honor: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP exams taken, AND scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
• 54 AP Scholars with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams
• 8 National AP Scholars: Granted to students in the United States who receive an average score of at least 4 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams.
• 6 AP Capstone Diplomas – Chestatee High School: Granted to students who earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar and AP Research and on four additional AP Exams.
• FBHS and CBMS have begun offering AP Capstone Diplomas for 2021 and 2022, respectively.
Laurie Ecke, Director of Gifted Education for the district, expressed her appreciation for both students and staff. “Our 2020 AP Scholars achieved this honor under extremely challenging circumstances, she said. “The AP teachers continued to teach in March and April, and students responded with determination and achievement. We are so proud of their efforts.”
These recognitions would not be possible were it not for our schools’ commitment to offering these rigorous courses and our students’ willingness to stretch and challenge themselves. Congratulations to all.