Enrollment Requirements (Descargue Aquí Los Requisitos de Inscripción de HCSD)
To enroll your child as a kindergartener or a new student to the HCSD, please go to the school in the attendance zone where your family resides.
The parent/guardian must complete the Student Registration Form and present the following 6 documents to the school:
1. Age Verification – Birth certificate (or other supporting document outlined in “HCSD Enrollment Requirements”
In order to be enrolled, children entering kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1.
2. Two (2) Proofs of Residency: Two proofs of residency documents from Option 1 or Option 2 below:
Option 1: If you currently own or rent your residence, please provide the following two documents that reflect your current address (primary residence):
I. A current utility bill (within 30 days). This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; AND
II. A deed; property tax statement; mortgage statement; non-contingent sales contract; or current lease/rental agreement signed by both the owner and lessee of the residence
Option 2: If you are unable to provide proof of residency in your name, please provide the following two documents:
I. Hall County School District Residency Affidavit, AND
II. One of the following:
a. A current utility bill (within 30 days) reflecting your current address in your name: This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
b. Your current income tax return; paycheck stub; homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy; Medicaid card; driver’s license; or other official correspondence from a government agency; OR
c. A current utility bill (within 30 days) in the property owner’s name. This can include gas, electric, water, or cable/satellite; OR
d. A current mortgage statement, deed, or property tax statement in the property owner’s name; or a lease/rental agreement signed by the owner and the lessee of the residence
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID: The parent or guardian must be present in order to enroll student(s) and must present photo identification and verify guardianship.
4. Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231, Rev. 7-2014.): Parents must present the Georgia Immunization Certificate at pre-registration. A current Georgia Immunization Certificate Form 3231 (marked complete for school or incomplete with an expiration date of no more than 30 days) is required before attending the first day of school.
5. Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300, Rev. 2013): is required upon entering school in August.
Services for Form 3231 and for Form 3300 are available from the Hall County Health Department – 1290 Athens St. (770) 531-5600.
6. Social Security Card: The Georgia Social Security Card is requested for all students. Parents may elect to sign a waiver if they prefer not to give the social security number.
HCSD Enrollment Requirements for In-District Transfers
Bring the following to the new school:
1.Completed Student Registration Form
2. Two (2) Proofs of Residency (as described above)
3. A copy of the previous school’s withdrawal form
Families may complete the online registration by clicking the graphic link below or complete the printable student registration form below. To complete the registration process, please bring the documents described in the “Enrollment Requirements” to your child’s school.