|Chinese 1-2||– yearlong courses|
|Health||– semester course|
|Personal Fitness||– semester course|
|Spanish 1-2||– yearlong courses|
|Spanish 1-4 (Honors)||– yearlong courses|
eCourses build computer technology and higher-order thinking skills that are critical for success in today’s digital age. Students of eCourses are looking for a high-quality, technology-based alternative to their current learning environment, enjoy flexibility in their school schedule, and seek an academically rigorous high school education.
- Course materials and assignments are available 24/7 with Internet access.
- All course materials are available in one place, with in Canvas learning management system.
- Students use communication tools to contact instructor at any time.
- Instructors have online office hours during class periods and before/after school.
- Students have more options for classes which may not be offered at their school.
- When face-to-face classes are full, eCourses may still be an option.
- eCourses are available any period of the day.
- eCourses can be taken as an extra class, from home.
- Students are permitted to work at ahead of the expected pace accomplish academic goals faster.
- On an accelerated schedule, students can complete a yearlong course in one semester. This allows for two yearlong courses to be completed in one year.
- Preparation for college / workforce
- Many colleges now use online courses for core classes.
- Many jobs require online training.
- Students learn to communicate effectively using Web 2.0 tools.
- Students in grades 6-12 are eligible to take Modern Language eCourses. Health and Personal Fitness eCourses are available for students in grades 8-12.
Students who have a high probability of success generally display the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated and exhibit characteristics of maturity
- Students must be willing to take responsibility for their learning.
- Students follow a pacing guide to stay on track.
- Possess reading and writing skills at or above their current grade level
- Most communication with the teacher and classmates is written.
- Students must be able to understand and follow specific written instructions.
- Willing to ask the teacher for help
- Regularly scheduled office hours are available for teachers to speak with students.
- Online class meetings are held for instruction and student questions.
- Students must actively seek help when there is a question.
- Exhibit organizational and time management skills
- Students are required to take notes for use throughout the course.
- Students must follow weekly plans closely to not fall behind.
- Basic Technical Skills
- Students must be familiar with Google Drive, word processing, recording audio, Internet navigation, etc.
- Access to computer and Internet (outside the regular school day schedule)
- For students not taking an eCourse during the school day, access to a computer and Internet must be provided by the parent/guardian of the student.
- Good Study Environment
- Whether taking an eCourse at school or from home, students must have a good study environment which is quiet, comfortable, and free of distractions.