President – Nancy Covarrubias
Vice President – Avien Gober
Treasurer – Jiovany Reyes
Secretary – Nelly Gonzales
Historian – Laura Gonzalez
January 28, 2013
Dylan Duke and Courtney Tyner took 2nd in the Marketing competition while Grayzielle Sepe and Brenda Garcia took 3rd.
Nelly Gonzales, Laura Gonzalez, and Erika Paniagua finished 3rd in Business Presentation.
Sarah Gonzalez took 3rd in Future Business Leader while Carina Huizar took 4th.
And lastly, Loucas Nicolaou-Griffin placed 2nd in Impromptu Speaking.
Jan 31, 2012
The FBLA students competed yesterday at the Region Competition and performed well. Nelly Gonzales placed in the top 10 for Intro to Business Communication and qualified for the state competition. Christian Morales placed 4th in Impromptu Speaking while Juan Becerra, Sara Ramirez, and Johnny Rodriguez placed 2nd for Emerging Business Issues.
When it comes to our futures, we're the ones who like to plan ahead. We are the Future Business Leaders of America and we offer our members an insight into the world of American business life. Whether our students are seeking to join a multi-national corporation or just seeking to improve their knowledge of the small family business, the goal of FBLA remains strong: to prepare students for life after graduation.
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is a career and technical student organization that serves students who are or have been enrolled in a Business Education course. The mission of FBLA is to help build and sustain Business Education programs of excellence in order to serve our communities, state, and nation. It provides students with leadership opportunities as well as a means to compete with other students in regional, state, and national conferences. FBLA helps prepare students pursuing job opportunities in business technologies career pathways including: accounting and finance, information systems, business management and applications, small business entrepreneurship, business administration, and office systems technology.
- Developing competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthening the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Creating more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- Encouraging members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business and community
- Developing character, preparing for useful citizenship, and fostering patriotism
- Encouraging and practicing efficient money management
- Encouraging scholarship and promoting school loyalty
- Assisting students in the establishment of occupational goals
- Facilitating the transition from school to work
- We believe education is the right of every person.
- We believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family and educational institutions, as well as people around the world. We agree to do our utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
- We believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
- We believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community and family life.
- We believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation and that this right should not be denied because of race, color, creed, sex, age or handicap.
- We believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school and community.
- We promise to use our abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
- If you would like to learn more about how you can help (student, family member, community member or business partner) please feel free to contact us.
"In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm.. in the real world all rests on perseverance."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"I tell you that as long as I can conceive something better than myself I cannot be easy unless I am striving to bring it into existence or clearing the way for it."
- George Bernard Shaw