Cross Country






 Throughout the school year, Chestatee Middle School offers a number of interscholastic sports open to academically eligible seventh and eighth grade students.

Fall Sports


  During the fall, students may choose to run cross country (boys and girls teams),or play football.  They also may opt to try-out for the cheerleading squad, which cheers for the football team and later the basketball teams.  In October, seventh and eighth grade female and male athletes may try-out for basketball or wrestling. 

Spring Sports


  During the spring season, athletes may run track or try out for one of the soccer teams (both sports have boys and girls teams).



 To benefit from participating in athletics, students must meet all eligibility requirements.  

To maintain academic eligibility each student must have passed in the previous semester six of the seven classes. 

For example, a student who wants to try-out for football in the fall should have met academic requirements during the spring semester (there are two eighteen week semesters in each school year – fall and spring).  To fulfill other eligibility requirements, students must provide information required by the Georgia High School Athletic Association and/or the Hall County Board of Education.  



  Chestatee Middle School must have a physical on file for all athletes before they are allowed to participate in practice or conditioning.  This physical must be on the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation form, signed by an MD or DO. The physical exam must not be more than one calendar year old.  In addition, each player must complete a Hall County School Athletic Registration form. Parents must

complete the insurance information  section found on the back of the form.  The Preparticipation Physical Evaluation form and the Hall County School Athletic Registration form may be found on this website.


Important Documents

Physical Form

Registration Form



If you have any questions, please contact Chestatee Middle School's Athletic Director, Lewis Shirley, at (770) 297-6270 or