Morgan participated and placed first in the General Science project. Seth competed and placed third in the Workforce Preparation and Career Development project. We are so excited to have these two students represent our school. Congratulations to both of them!!
The Advanced Scholars Program at Friendship Elementary is gaining attention with a write-up in the local paper. This program is avaliable to qualified 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students with the purpose of providing advanced learning opportunities that promote inquiry, creativity, and problem solving in areas of students' strenths and interests. In these three classes, students are challenged at both an accelerated pace and an appropriate academic level.
Look who came to see us last week…part of the Atlanta Falcons football team! They did a football camp for the 5th grade boys and girls in our gym and stayed for almost 2 hours! All of the kids had a blast! Obviously, we did too! We thank them so much for coming to see us and urge them to come back any time!! Go Falcons!
Mentors are caring adults that offer support, advice, friendship and consistency. They are powerful tools in helping young people reach their potential. Not all children receive the support they need to achieve success in school and in life. Many of them live in situations that put them at risk for making the wrong choices. By giving just one hour a week of your time, you can bring new hope to a struggling student through the power of mentoring. You will be surprised at how rewarding the experience will be!
For more information, go to http://centerpointgainesville.com/mentoring/
View the link below to watch a video for more information.
Friendship will begin offering an exciting new program this fall! The Advanced Scholars Program (ASP) will be available to qualified 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. The purpose of this innovative program is to provide advanced learning opportunities that promote inquiry, creativity, and problem solving in areas of students' strengths and interests. The ASP will allow students to be challenged at both an accelerated pace and an appropriate academic level.
Features of the program:
- Georgia Common Core Standards used to develop integrated thematic units in a compacted curriculum format
- Student driven instruction enhanced by technology and research
- Project-based learning reflecting students' interests and learning styles
- Emphasis on creativity, critical thinking and problem solving
- Achievement grouping to differentiate and better meet the needs of all students
The program committee will use a holistic approach to examine student qualifications and to determine eligibility for the ASP. Criteria include academic achievements, motivation, and teacher recommendations. You will be notified by letter if your child qualifies for the program.
Congratulations to Adrianna and Connor for being winners in the YGA contest for Hall County. Good luck at the state level!
IXL is a comprehensive, standards-aligned math practice program offering unlimited problems in thousands of skills. One of the best things about IXL is that students can access it from school and from home!
To get unlimited practice, tracking, and awards, be sure to sign in to your IXL account! Enter your username and password on this page and click "Sign in." If you do not know your username or password, please ask your teacher.
Click the IXL icon below to go straight to Friendship Elementary's IXL Homepage. Enjoy!
- Congratulations Friendship Elementary Spelling Bee Champion!
- Friendship's Second Annual Talent Show
- Students whip Santa into shape with school play
- Friendship Elementary Wins Bronze!
- Welcome Back 2012-13
- Friendship Parent Volunteers
- PTO Welcomes Back Friendship Families
- Muddy Duck Dash 2012
- Kindergarten Registration
- Be Healthy Georgia Day
- Arbor Day Essay Contest Runners Up!
- Interactive Bloom's Taxonomy
- 4-H County Project Achievement
- Alliance For a Healthier Generation
- Yearbook Dedications
- JMG and Science GPS
- Food Drive
- Music Notes
- Early Bird Yearbook Price
- Suntrust Donates School Supplies
- Booster Seat Law Change